Follow Up on Corona Labs (now Solar2d)
Wow! Has Vlad done a great job with the Solar2d game engine after Corona Labs shutdown!
As I said in a previous post, Corona SDK (now renamed to Solar2d for obvious reasons) is mobile focused game engine close to my heart. It was owned by a company called Corona Labs which recently shutdown. Now the engine is open source. And the community still very active!
So over the Summer I was able to contribute to the budding Solar2d community by creating some plugins and open sourcing previous paid plugins. Here's a list of plugins I've created.
- SolarWebSockets - Websocket support for iOS, tvOS, Android, HTML5 (and someone needs to help me with Windows because I don't have a PC). Supports server and client and WSS for clients. I'm very proud of having made most of this in span of one night.
- Material Colors - Easy way to choose colors from code
- eTransition - Control the playback of Solar2d's transition library
- Embeddable Scrollview - I solved the impossible and embeddable scrollview in Solar2d!
- Multiplayer support for Smash Clash
- HTML5 versions of Smash Clash and Kill the King
- Fun io-styled minigames
- A multiplayer trivia game